Advertisement

ENG201 (Business & Technical English) assignment 2nd fall 2009

ENG201 (Business & Technical English)


Q1: You have received an appointment letter as a software engineer from XYZ software house. Write a letter of acceptance stating your joining date and agreement on terms and conditions of the contract.

Dear _____________,

I was pleased to receive your offer of the position of [Insert Position Here] at [Insert Company Here]. Your offer is quite fair, based on the position’s responsibilities and my qualifications. Please record this letter as my official acceptance of the position.
Your confidence in my ability to perform the duties required will be rewarded. The experience and judgment I have gained over the past years will enable me to perform these duties successfully and satisfactorily.

I look forward to working with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Q2: Choose the correct answer. 5

1. I'll ______________ their cat while they are away on holiday.

(a) be looking into

(b) be looking at

(c) be looking after correct

(d) be looking over

2. By the time she arrives, we ________________ our homework.

(a) finish

(b) will have finished correct

(c) will finish

(d) were finished

3. If she ___________ about his financial situation, she would have helped him out.

(a) knew correct

(b) had been knowing

(c) had known

(d) have known

4. I'm afraid I can't understand you

(a) if you speak unclear.

(b) unless you speak more clearly. correct

(c) if you don't speak clear.

(d) if you speak clearly.

5. She _________________ lunch by the time we arrived.

(a) had finished correct

(b) finished

(c) have finished

(d) finishing

Vuhelp

1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    ans. of objective 3 is incorrect .the right ans is " had known"